Dual Enrollment students may enroll in an Associate of Art or Associate of Science core curriculum program. Applicants for this program must submit the following items to the Dual Enrollment Specialist:
NEEDED BEFORE YOU ARE ACCEPTED
- Apply to Albany State University at www.gafutures.org.
- A transcript of secondary school credits completed to date with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 in academic subjects or a numerical average of 80.
- Home study programs within the State of Georgia must operate in accordance with O.C.G.A. §20-2-690(c)
- ACT, SAT, or Accuplacer scores which meet the minimum criteria as shown below:
|NEXT GEN ACCUPLACER||237||4||
Math 1100 - 266
Any SAT taken after March 2016 has new scoring. Old SAT scoring would be a 430 Critical Reading and 400 Math.
HAVEN’T TAKEN THE NATIONAL SAT OR ACT?
TAKE OUR ACCUPLACER EXAM OR INSTITUTIONAL ACT!
Accuplacer- 1st test is FREE!
Institutional ACT- $60
If you would like to schedule the Accuplacer exam or Institutional ACT, please contact our Testing Center at 229-500-2921, firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the Testing Center page for test registration.
NEEDED BEFORE YOU CAN REGISTER
- Immunization Records
- Lawful Presence
- A Student Participation Agreement must be completed and submitted at the start of each school year.
Steps to Complete
- Determine your academic needs and schedule availability. Before you can decide if the program is right for you, you and your parent should determine if dual-enrollment is a good option for you. You will first need to meet with your high school counselor to determine eligibility. You can meet with Kris Bailey to see the schedule of available courses for the semester you plan to begin, or you can also find a link to the open courses here: Class schedule. Select the appropriate term, and always be sure to select the full term courses.
- ASU admissions application. Completed at www.gafutures.org
- Official copies of high school transcripts (or middle school transcript showing high school credit)
- Certificate of Immunization (See Student Health Forms for more information)
- Official SAT, ACT, or NEXT GEN Accuplacer test scores sent to the college (the college offers the Accuplacer exam and Institutional ACT; call 229-550-2921 for more information
- Student Participation Agreement
- Lawful Presence
For any questions about these items, please contact the Dual Enrollment Specialist,
Kris Bailey, at email@example.com.
Applicants are admitted on a rolling basis. Decisions are posted online.