Spring 2021 Housing Move-In
Check In Dates: January 8th-10th, 2021 8am-6pm daily
All students (including returning students from fall 2020) will schedule their return to campus housing in spring 2021. Students must select an appointment date and time for their move-in from January 8, 2021 through January 10, 2021 from 8am-6pm daily, in the My Housing Portal beginning on November 20, 2020, through January 6, 2021.
The different times limit the number of people moving in at any one time on a specific move-in day and allow students to pick the time of day that best suits their availability.
Each respective appointment has up to 20 slots per residence hall to promote an equitable distribution of students, designed to enhance physical distancing and reduce move-in density and crowding.
How do I reserve an appointment time?
To reserve an appointment time, you will select your preferred day and time in the My Housing Portal. Please note that each time slot on a given date and time has a maximum of 135 students on campus and is subject to availability, so you may need to select an alternative date/time if your initial choice is not available.
To help do your part and to keep safe, we are requiring the following:
- Each student must bring face coverings.
- Please plan to arrive during your selected move-in date and time.
- Sanitized moving carts will be available to assist with move-in.
How do I reschedule my move-in appointment?
If you need to change your move-in day or time, log back into the My Housing Portal, cancel your original selection, and select a new day and time from the remaining available appointment times. The deadline to schedule your move-in date and time appointment is Wednesday, January 6, 2021. If you cannot schedule by the deadline, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Please note that students must have a confirmed appointment before arrival.
May I bring another person to assist with move-in?
- All students for spring 2021 may bring two other person to assist with move-in. All other family members must remain outside of the building and are not be permitted to visit the student’s room.
- All students and their helpers must wear a face covering at all times and practice physical distancing. You will have 1 hour to complete your move-in, so you are advised to arrive as early as your move-in appointment allows.
How do I to check in?
Upon arrival, all students (including returning students from fall 2020) should go to their designated Check In Location to check-in. Before you arrive at your check-in location, you must sign in to the My Housing Portal on a mobile device and navigate to the Assignment History section. There will be a QR code in this section, which you must show to a Residence Life staff member to check-in. You will not be able to begin to move in until you have completed this critical step and received your key. Please see below for East and West Campus Locations.