Student Food and Personal Items Pantry
Welcome to the Student Food and Personal Items Pantry
Welcome! Please take a few minutes to review this information so that you have a better idea about how to make use of the Student Food and Personal Items Pantry.
The mission of the Student Food and Personal Items Pantry (a.k.a. The Buck Bank) is to alleviate food insecurity among ASU students by providing emergency food to ASU students in need.
The Student Food and Personal Items Pantry will aim to alleviate the barriers associated with food insecurity to support student success at Albany State University and to ensure that no student goes hungry because of a lack of income or access to food.
- Creating a safe space to distribute good quality and nutritious emergency food to current ASU students.
- Creating and promoting a space on campus dedicated to food donation collection.
- Collecting good quality and nutritious food items (donations) that may otherwise go to waste to enhance sustainability initiatives on campus.
- Raising awareness around hunger issues, especially as experienced by low-income college students.
- Encouraging student engagement to foster a sense of community, volunteerism and service to peers on campus.
- Provide information about other resources offered on campus and in the community.
What We Do
The Student Food and Personal Items Pantry provides non-perishable and refrigerated food items for ANY Albany State University student experiencing food insecurity. All supplies are based upon donations and are available to currently enrolled students as long as supplies are continually received. The Student Food and Personal Items Pantry is operated within the Office of Student Support and receives donations from student organizations, community-based organizations, and family & friends of Albany State University.
Albany State University-East Campus
Student Center (Green Zone)
504 College Drive
Albany, Georgia 31705
If you have any questions, you may contact us at (229) 500-2052.